All our old friends are back for the summer! Aaaaaad we jump in right where we left off, with Tara getting half her head blown off and Sookie shooting Debbie Pelt's upper body all over her kitchen.
Here are some random thoughts from the episode:
• So what happened to Jesus's body? If there's any possible way to keep him on the show (maybe he's not dead??) that would be GREAT. I mean, poor Lafayette.
• Does Sookie have a drawer-full of shower curtains kinda like Don Draper has a drawer-full of lipstick-less fresh white button-down shirts?
• I'm so glad that Tara is going to have something else to do besides whine and scream and be a victim, even if it means she's a vampire that's a little ... touched. Maybe she can be Bubba? ;-)
• Okay. So Steve Newlin is a vampire. And gay. Well, we already knew the gay part.
• Looks like Jessica is all about being an emotional fuckwit these days, not to say that Jason doesn't deserve it a little. It seems like he's growing up a little bit, driving the college girl home and trying to talk to Hoyt.
• It's nice to see him and Andy Bellefleur be the odd couple.
• I really hope he has something better to do this season than be a sex-slave for the werepanthers.
• So after all the fairy dreamy love stuff from last season, Eric just writes Sookie off after he feels that she's in trouble and says, "fuck Sookie"? And then goes and bangs his sister? Eww.
• And this is why I prefer Book Eric to Show Eric. I just don't see Book Eric being so fickle.
• Though I do love Bill and Eric on a little road trip together. Can we get some bromance this season?
• I honestly don't care that much, though I do hope that he and Alcide become best friends. Consolidate these storylines a little.
• Terry is always funny but I'm having trouble caring about this. What is this all about ... fires? How many episodes is it going to take to figure out ... is this the new Mavis plot line? I mean, I stopped caring about Noel from Felicity after he hooked up with his ex-girlfriend Jennifer Garner.
Although I am wondering if the Marcus he was talking about was the werewolf named Marcus that just got dug up and eaten by his mom. That would be a nice connection to the bigger picture instead of just randomly throwing characters around, like they kinda tend to do on this show.
It was overall entertaining and a little ominous what with the threat of Russell Edgington hanging over everything, so I think it would have been cooler if the episode would have ended with a James Bond song, like Mad Men.
Can't wait til next week. I want to see the Law&Order/Oz vampire!